Are you someone who loves to eat meat but is looking for a healthy lifestyle to follow? Well, in that case, the meat grinder will be very useful for you. With the meat grinder, you can easily avoid the chemicals and the preservatives that are present in the meat that is prepackaged. Home grinding the meat with the grinder also preserves the taste and the flavor of meat in the best way.
When we talk about meat, venison or deer meat is one of the most delicious options that we have. With the help of the best meat grinder for deer & elk meat, you can have amazing-quality and tasty meat right at your home.
So, here we have some of the best meat grinders for that meat that you want. Check out the reviews before you make the purchase.
However, let’s start with some knowledge on the deer and the elk meat.
Nutritional Facts On Deer Meat
Venison or more commonly known as deer meat is not necessarily a very common type of meat for the people but it is certainly very delicious and healthy as well. Here we have some nutritional facts about the deer meat that will give you a better understanding.
- The servings of venison are quite similar to the other meat options. The recommended size of the serving is about 3-4 ounces. There are about 34 calories and about 1 gram of the fat per ounce of venison
- The meat of the deer has very high amounts of proteins in it. The protein-fat ration states that for every single ounce of the meat, you will be consuming about 6g of the protein. If the serving is 3-4 ounces then there will be about 18-24g of protein in it.
- The venison meat is low fat and you need to make sure that it is cooked properly in order to avoid the overcooking of the meat. Also, the gamey flavor that the venison has can be removed by aging it properly before cooking
Nutritional Facts On Elk Meat
Elk meat is another particularly delicious type of meat that might not be as common but is equally healthy as the deer meat. Here we are going to provide some nutritional facts about the elk meat for the knowledge of people.
- Since protein is a very useful component for the body, most people recommend eating elk meat because of the high amount of protein in it. A serving of 3 ounces of the elk meat will contain about 23 grams of protein
- There are about 164 calories present in a serving of 3 ounces which means that this meat is particularly useful when it comes to weight loss. The high protein content reduces hunger and wards of the cravings
- The meat of the elk is also very rich in Zinc which is a very important element for the body because it helps in the improvement of the immune system. Releasing anti-oxidants, zinc wards off the disease-ridden bacteria and other components
- The minerals and vitamins present in the meat of the elk are useful in the production of the red blood cells which can be a definite cure for anemia
- Elk meat contains L-Methionine which can be a very useful component for the strengthening of the bones and help in curing conditions such as osteoporosis
Elk And Deer Meat Grinding Tips
When you are using the best meat grinder for elk and deer meat, you need to know how to use it properly. Here we have some grinding tips for you.
Choosing the right grinder is very important. If you have an underpowered one or the blade is not that sharp, then the meat will not grind properly.
Keep It Clean
It is very important to maintain a certain level of sanitation when it comes to grinding the meat. So, before grinding, it is important to clean your hands and all the other tools as well.
Cooling The Meat
Before you use the meat grinder for elk and deer meat, it is important to cut the meat into smaller pieces so that they can easily accommodate inside the grinder. Keep the meat in the freezer with a temperature below 40-degrees. The time period for keeping the meat in the freezer is about 35-40 minutes.
The meat of the deer can be pretty lean and same is the case with elk meat as well. So, it can lose the flavor or become dry when ground. However, adding some additional amounts of fat will retain the juice in the meat.
List of top 5 Meat Grinders For Deer & Elk:
|LEM Products #10|
|Gideon Hand Crank|
Best Meat Grinders for Deer & Elk Reviews for 2019
Here we have some of the top meat grinders with their reviews which will help you in selecting the best option that suits your needs and requirements.
1. STX #12 Electric Meat Grinder – Electric Meat Grinder for Venison and Elk
There are three stainless steel blades present in the model and it contains 5 different grinding places. With a beaner plate and 3 stuffing tubes help in creating sausages. Apart from that, there is a particular meat hopper for pushing meat. An added bonus comes with the Kubbe attachment.
Apart from that, the best thing is that the grinder will not be hot immediately as there is a quad cooling system for the prevention of heat buildup. The foot pedal control in the model is excellent for working with your foot while resting the hands. This is a top class commercial type meat grinder for deer and elk.
- Requires minimal effort
- The machine might be expensive but the accessories make up for the price
- The circuit breaker, as well as the cooling system, provides long life
- The model might make some noise
- Manual cleaning is essential
2. LEM Products #12 Stainless Steel – A Top Class Meat Grinder for Deer & Elk
The grinder has a heavy duty handle which makes it perfect for moving. The meat tray is well supported as well because it can be clipped. The motor is properly lubricated so it will help in grinding some of the toughest of the meats. The electricity used by the model is not that high.
The lubrication is permanent and you don’t have to spend time on it again and again. There is a meat stomper which can be used to push the meat. Also, the Bite Bite auger can be used for the grabbing. There is a plate for sausage stuffing, 2 different grinder plates and also a knife. However, there are no variations for the speed.
- Stainless steel grinder remains strong for a long time
- Easy using and cleaning
- Wide Bite Bite Auger ensures the covering of the feeding tube
- Affordable meat grinder
- There is no reverse button for the prevention of jams
- The meat grinder is pretty heavy which can be a problem
3. Weston (08-0801-W) Pro – Heavy duty meat grinder for Deer and Elk
The design of the model is offset which has some very high speeds. The gears are all made of steel and are precision engineered for rugged durability as well as a quiet performance. The model is lubricated permanently which means that you won’t have to do it again and again.
There is a stainless steel knife for grinding, 2 different grinding plates, three funnels for sausage stuffing, 1 high-speed auger, stomper that is heavy duty. There is also a limited warranty of two years on the product.
- The powerful motor is air cooled
- The model is permanently lubricated
- Warranty for 2 years
- There is no noise while working
- The machine can be a bit heavy
This is another one of the best grinders for venison. You will be able to use three buttons for controlling the speed of the model. There are low, high, and reverse buttons. There is no electrical damage or overheating problem because of the circuit breaker in the model. These features make it a very good electrical grinder for deer or elk.
The customer service of the model is also free for about a year. The model is perfect for grinding different textures of the meat. There are 3 grinding plates of steel, three different cutting blades, sausage tubes, Kubbe attachment, and an adapter.
- No clogging, overheating, and electrical damage due to the presence of circuit breaker
- 2-inch tube covers the large pieces of meat
- 3 different speed control system
- The results are good for grinding
- The model is a little bit expensive
- It is not dishwasher-friendly
5. Sunmile SM-G33 – Cheapest Possible Meat Grinder for Deer & Elk
Here is another budget-friendly option for a grinder. This one comes with a heavy body that has a very high powered motor. The 400W motor will be able to go up to 800 Watts. The machine can grind up to 170 pounds of meat in an hour.
There is a stainless steel construction in the body and the grinding head is made of aluminum. The model works without making any noise due to the design and construction. There is a large tray with the grinder. There is an on/off switch which makes it easy to use.
- Easy to use and fast meat grinder
- The grinder is affordable
- Assembling and disassembling is easy
- Portable and lightweight
- Circuit breaker ensures safety
- There is an issue of clogging
- The parts cannot be washed in the dishwasher
- The model is not that durable
Now that you have your options narrowed down, go ahead and choose the best meat grinder for venison and Elk and elk meat. Make sure to choose the one that suits all the needs and requirements that you have.
About Joseph Jr.
Hi, I am Joseph from California. I am a shop owner and blogger. Blogging is my hobby actually. I usually love to do camping at different places. In this blog, I will write about some kitchen appliances.
About This Article
- Review Grade
- Expert's Experience